Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Songs

Well, we are almost packed and just about ready to hit the road!!  However, I need some help from my girls (or anyone else that knows.  Do you remember that book we had with the travel songs in it.  I can not find it and I can't remember the songs.  There was one about "Are We There Yet?"  and another one "Are You Speeding?".  Who remembers the lyrics?  I even tried Google, but came up with weird things.  HELP!! 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't get out of the fast lane
Don't let up in the gas
I can't believe all the cars we passed
Wherever we're going we're going there fast
And it's zoom zoom zoom day the freeway
But don't break the speed limit please
Or the friendly highway patrol will request your keys

Rachel said...

That is to the tune of take me out to the ball game

Rachel said...

Are we lost, are we lost
Yes we are yes we are
Someone get a map out someone get a map out
Find the way, find the way

To the tune of are you sleeping

Rachel said...

The minivan is loaded to the top with games and toys
We've all had snacks and found a station everyone enjoys
The kids are not complaining, we've hardly made a noise
But something's not quite right
Chorus:
I'm not having any fun yet
I'm not having any fun yet
I'm not having any fun yet, this trip is dragging on

We've hit every tourist trap between Maine and Monterey
Miami to mount Rushmore, Plymouth Rock to Frisco bay
We wait in never ending lines forever and a day
This trip is dragging on
Chorus
Now you might think that I'm complaining and my attitude is bad
You wouldn't be the first behind my mother and my dad
(forgot this line)
But I still feel like this
Chorus

Rachel said...

99 miles to go on this trip
99 miles to go
Step on the gas
I think we pass
98 miles to go on this trip...