We hit the road again this morning. After driving 416 miles in 7 hours 22 minutes driving time (by the way our van has a trip meter that us the driving time), we are spending the night in Farmington, New Mexico.
As we drove through the beautiful red rock country of Price and Moab Utah today we played a game that was originally called "target word". However, several years ago Rachel and Evan renamed it "Words of Dooooooom", said in low, spooky scary voice, with emphasis on the "ooooom". In this game each person picks a word which is not to be said the entire day. Mike picked the word, "time", I picked "stop" and Evan picked "water". Every time you say a "word of dooooom" you get a point. Lowest point wins. I totally stink at this game!! I guess I don't think before I speak and blurt out whatever I want!! Evan whooped the pants off both Mike and I and loved it!! Every time he heard us say a "word of dooooom" he would laugh and add a tally point. Evan had five points and I had something well over forty!! As Evan would say I was "pretty pathetic".
It great that we had a fun game to play because the weather was bad and we didn't really get to do much today. The plan was to go to "Four Corners" but we changed our minds and went to Mesa Verde National Park instead. However, when we got there and started to go up the narrow windy road of the mesa the snow flurries started. The temperature was low and we worried about the road becoming icy. So we turned around and slowly went down the hill. We decided we would have to plan to visit this National Park another time.
![]() | |
| Wilson's Arch |
![]() |
| A close up of Wilson's Arch |
![]() |
| Beautiful stormy sunset |





2 comments:
I remember Evan getting a kick out of that game.
I remember when mom and I purposely tried to say as many words of doom as possible to see how many Evan actually got. Mom if you want to have some fun, try to get Evan to say one of these words and watch him laugh as he says the word aloud.
That is a bummer about the weather! It looked like a cool national park from the pictures. I may just put in my list of places to go.
Post a Comment