Today we drove north to Gloria's house. We drove through Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and finally Massachusetts! It took us eight hours!!!
In Connecticut we stopped off at Sherwood Island State Park to have a picnic lunch. This park is on Long Island Sound.
It was so nice to be out of the car and into the sunshine. It was a lovely warm 84 degrees outside and we were overdressed.
Evan got a call from Katie while we were there. She thinks she is annoying because she has called us everyday on our trip! But, I love to hear her voice. Today, we played our Words of Dooooom, game! The words were, "oh", "you" and "want". We laughed so hard today, as each of us would say one Word of Doom and then immediately say "oh no" and get caught saying another Word of Doom!! Katie helped to get Evan to say a couple of the words, but in the end he whooped both Mike and I, yet again!!
View of the Sound.
Mike gave a try at skipping rocks. The water was so calm, it was easy!!
This is the town of Mystic, Connecticut from a view point off the 95 Highway.
It looked so quaint, I would have loved to visit. Maybe, some other time. I was anxious to see my sister.
It was great to see Gloria and Myron! We appreciate being able to stay in their lovely home. We also met Myron's brother Barry. We arrived just in time for a yummy dinner of homemade sauerbraten. It is a dish I had never eaten before and I loved it! We enjoyed an evening of visiting and tomorrow will get to see more family. Yeah!!






1 comment:
Sounds like a mystical town.
Post a Comment