Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day Thirty-Three: Music and The Spoken Word

What a powerful experience to be inside the Salt Lake Tabernacle and hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing!!  We were fortunate enough to be in the tenth row this morning for their weekly broadcast of Music and The Spoken Word.   Somehow, I felt like the music and the message was tailored just for me.   



One of the songs that touched me the most was "Climb Every Mountain".   Mike's favorite was "I Am A Child of God".   The Spoken Word was about "Happy Exhaustion".  Lloyd K Newell spoke about how we are happiest when we are busy doing things.  Days that we just relax and do nothing never bring true happiness.  

Our trip has been extremely tiring, I would even go to on to say that at times we have been exhausted.  However, we accomplished much in visiting with new-found family and in seeing the beautiful sights of our country. That has brought us great happiness. 



At the end of the broadcast, they talked to the audience a little bit and then the choir, orchestra, and conductor all sang "God Be With You 'til We Meet Again".  It was very touching and I was in tears.  This was a great way to start the Sabbath Day.  And seemed extra touching towards the end of our cross-country journey.

We then attend Church with John and Amy and little Aiden.  Being in church with a toddler is fun!!  I was laughing as he tried to feed his Grandpa fruit snacks, and then even tried to feed him the wrapper.  And, boy or boy you should hear Aiden try to sing the hymns!!  Such enthusiasm!!  

After Church we headed to David and Sariah's house and just hung out with the grandkids!!  Mike and I played Sorry with Leah and Spencer.  I was surprised Spencer played because it is like pulling teeth to get him to play games.  He had fun and even won the game!!  Andrew had fun playing with the I-Pad with Evan.



When Spencer sees me he is always anxious to find out if he is taller than I am.  Not yet, Spencer, but soon!!



 Spencer had fun loving up on little Joanna!!








 Smiles don't get much cuter than this!! 




 The Three Musketeers!!
It was fun to have all our sons together. 




 Before the evening ended they had birthday cake for Grandpa.  He turned 60 on our trip, last Thursday.  The crazy singing is grandpa's fault!! 

 


Aiden enjoyed his cake and ice cream!!

Tomorrow we are getting up early to make the long drive to Rancho Cordova and visit with April and her family.  California here we come!! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

I don't think there are enough candles on that birthday cake!

Cindy Price said...

They had a five and a nine but no six and zero. So he had a fifty nine and one regular candle. 59 = 1=60.
They did NOT want to burn down the house.