Today we drove from Massachusetts to New Hampshire to Maine, back to New Hampshire, back to Maine, back to New Hampshire and back to Massachusetts!! The trips to Maine were both wrong turns!! The cities we were visiting were very close to the border so it was easy to slip on into the wrong state without realizing it at first! We finally worked it out and got to where we were headed. Going to Maine was all an accident. However, now we can say that we drove all the way to Maine!!
Well, the first place we went was the Dover Public Library to visit their Historical Records Collections. They had microfilm of obituaries of some of my aunts, uncles and a cousin. I was able to find what I was looking for pretty easily and get them printed out. I will scan them and post them when I am back home. One interesting thing of note was in reading my Aunt Loretta's 1966 obituary. It listed one of her surviving brother's as Paul Crowley from Tucson, Azrizona. Well, we never lived in Arizona and in 1966 we were in California. It was disappointing to read that!
When we left Dover we headed to Holy Trinity Cemetery in Somersworth. That is where my grandparents are buried.
![]() |
| The final resting spot for my grandparents John and Rose Crowley. Their daughter Loretta and husband Joseph are also buried here. |
![]() |
| The Lambert grave site, where my Aunt Gertie and Uncle Ray and two of my cousins are buried. |
![]() |
| This is the back of the above memorial. |
![]() |
| This is my cousin Dick's grave stone. |
While we were there my cousin Dick's wife, Rosemary met us. I know it's strange to meet at a cemetery!! I have not seen her since 1984. That is a long time! It was great to see her. We went out for ice cream and tried to get caught up! She is a sweetheart!!
![]() |
| Me and Rosemary |
Mike and Evan were extremely patient today. I appreciate their helping me do some family history research.
Tomorrow, we head west!!





No comments:
Post a Comment