Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day Twenty-Five: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

We have been blessed with really great weather for the majority of our trip.  Today, however, was cold and rainy!  We started off in the city of my birth, Rochester, New York.  I don't remember ever living here though,  as we left when I was very young.  We decided to drive down to see Lake Ontario.  It was cold and windy and wet, but I couldn't resist getting out to take pictures anyway!!  



Oh, and one video just to show the noise of the waves. 


 There were cute little houses along the shore. 


 We saw these little lighthouses all over the city, each was painted differently.






Here is someone crazier than us, fishing out in the rain! 


 


I was born in Genesee Hospital, so I liked this sign.  I didn't know there was a Genesee River. 



 Most of the day we stayed on Interstate 90.  However, for a little while we got off the beaten path and drove along the Shoreline highway.  There are State Park dotting the shore of both Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. 


 By the time we got to Ohio and our hotel in Port Clinton on Catawba Island, the sun was shinning but it was very windy and biting cold!!



 Does Evan look cold enough??  This is Marblehead Light House on Lake Erie.  

Tomorrow we will find a church to attend and explore the area some more.  There are several wildlife preserves here that sound interesting.

No comments: