Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day Thirteen

Brookgreen Garden's is on the site of an old rice plantation and where we spent most of our day today.  It is simply a beautiful place, filled with stately tree, beautiful trees, lovely flowers, enchanting scuptures, and wildlife.

Brookgreen Creek.  Looked like a river to me!!  There are alligators in there!!




I loved this sculpture.
Poppies blowing in the breeze are one of my favorite flowers.  Add a water fountain and it was so peaceful!

I wonder who will win.

I would not want to meet snails that size!!

I love how the fern is in the perfect spot!!


This was huge and took nine years to create!

This double fish was on top of a fench!

There was poetry to inspire!

This was in an area called, "Youth Taming the Wild".  Evan wondered why youth would want to do that.  He said he would NOT want to risk his life.


These Muses were charming and look like they are having fun.

Beyond this statue is the Trail Beyond the Garden.  


The Trail Beyond the Garden goes through the old rice paddies.


Old rice paddies.

Panoramic view of the rice paddies.

Brookgreen Creek



The creek so calm.



You don't have tell me twice not to go into the water.









I got a little carried away taking pictures.  I especially loved the flowers.  These are what I like to the Creator's Fireworks













































Holding


Oh, they had wildlife there too!!

Can you spot the gecko??  I would NOT have seen him to begin with but he was moving when I walked by this bush.



Here is a cardinal.  They are very beautiful. 

This is an Egret.

This is an Great Blue Heron.  Reminds me of the birds back home. 


The little river otters are so cute and very fast swimmer.  It was hard to catch one for a picture.


They had a pair of bald eagles. 





This cute little caterpiller or centipede was swimming in the water.  I hope he survived.  I could imagine a bird swooping down to grab him for dinner. 


The tree were beautiful and stately, but hard to get a picture that show the true beauty. 










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish you could have stayed longer. I love my little sister and her family. Evan is a great nephew and his "Aunt Barbara" loves him. My house is so empty today. Mike is a gread guy and they are so right for each other. . Have a safe trip, "My New Found Family".