It is now time to head west towards our home. We decided to go off the Interstate for a while today and traveled west on route 2 through Massachusetts. It was simply lovely, with beautiful rivers and little country towns.
At one point today we crossed this big beautiful bridge over the Connecticut River. Lucky for us there was a parking lot on the other side. We stopped and walked part way across the bridge. The view was beautiful.
The entrance to the bridge was really ornate and very pretty.
And the height was somewhat dizzying.
My favorite city of the day was Shelburne Falls. It was so quaint!
The one thing I loved about Shelburne Falls was the Bridge of Flowers. It was created from an old trolley bridge. When it was not in use anymore they planted flowers on it. This was in 1928!!
We drove through the what is called the Mohawk Trail and this is a view from the very highest point! Pictures don't do this justice!!
Some people think we are crazy for driving across the country. However, you just don't see these kinds of awesome sights from an airplane!!
Tonight we are in the city of my birth, Rochester, New York! Tomorrow we head to Ohio!!
p.s. I had a hard time adjusting the photos on this post. Time ran out so I am posting it all hodge-podge!!





























1 comment:
I think driving through the country is awesome. I always wanted to do that. You have accomplished a so much on this trip. So many memories.
Post a Comment